Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beauty Round-Up

Hey everyone!
 As promised today's post is all about beauty! A couple weeks ago Sephora was having their friends and family sale which I took advantage of online! Here are some of the things I got.


I've always liked liquid foundation and I'm always on the look out for one that provides coverage without being too thick or goopy. I got a sample of this foundation a couple months ago in a Clinique free gift and after trying this foundation I had to buy the full size! It goes on super smooth and lasts all day but doesn't look or feel too thick!
 Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder
To go with my new foundation I wanted a powder to set it. I'm not a fan of loose powders so this one was up my alley. I ended up getting it in invisible matte which works perfectly. It sets my makeup and keeps oil away!

NARS blush in Orgasm
I've always seen this blush in magazines as one of the most popular blushes that works on any skin tone. I decided I had to try it! I really like the color and it's a classic looking blush.
Sephora Collection Classic Powder Brush #48
I was really needing a new powder brush and I have a bunch of Sephora brushes that I really like so I decided to try their powder brush. I like it a lot, however I think the brush head could be a little bigger and fuller.

I think my haul was overall a success! Now on to another beauty topic you all know I love, NAILS! Last week my manicurist brought out a brand new line of OPI gel polishes. As I explained before I like getting what is called a "shellac" manicure which is basically gel polish that is set under UV light. Well OPI just came out with this and theirs are set with an LED light and is super fast! The best part is that they come in all the classic OPI colors I love. I've always wanted to try the color Lincoln Park After Dark so when I saw that bottle at the salon I decided to take the plunge! The result? It's actually a little too dark for my taste, but I do still like it.






Well that's it for this beauty packed post! I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Yours Truly,
 Amanda

3 comments:

Hilliary Meisner said...

I want to try nars blush, I am in serious need of new make up! I also saw the OPI gelcolor advertised, I want to try it! Hope your week is going well!

henning love said...

just saw your guest post over at hilliary's blog! love her just stopping by to say hi and let you know i am your newest follower :-)

Anonymous said...

I love clinique 3 step for your face, but their foundation breaks me out - at least it did a couple of years ago. I switched to estee lauder double wear foundation and I love it!

Lauren
http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!