Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

I cannot believe it is Sunday evening once again. I had a really great vacation with John and I'm so sad it has come to an end and he's already back in Indy :-(
However I am excited to share a summary of our trip!

John got down here on Wednesday evening and we just hung around Ft. Myers. Then on Thursday morning we played a game of golf, went home showered, packed and got on the road for Miami! We stayed at a great hotel called The Betsy right in the heart of South Beach. It was a gorgeous hotel with great service and a great location!


On Thursday we went into downtown Miami for some authentic Cuban cuisine at a place my friend Ashley suggested. We really liked everything we had there especially the mojitos! After that we decided to check out a part of Miami Beach that has a lot of shopping and restaurants for a drink.

The next morning we got up and walked down the block for some breakfast. We then went to the beach! With our hotel stay we got two comfy beach chairs and an umbrella all set up for us. It was so relaxing and beautiful out there.


There was one problem...
It's jellyfish season!! Which means I didn't get in the water...however John braved it out and swam a bit.
After the beach we went back into downtown Miami to walk around the city a bit. We found a cool little market place on the water with all kinds of shops and bars right on the water. We stopped for some yummy gelato! Also while we were downtown we checked out my friend Ashley's family's department store which was really cool!
Later that evening we went back to South Beach and went to check out a nearby art museum called the Wolfsonian. We then headed to a restaurant called AltaMare for an amazing seafood dinner.


Lastly we headed to a bar on South Beach for some drinks and dancing!  In the morning we grabbed some yummy breakfast at the hotel and checked out. On our way back to Fort Myers we decided to stop in the Everglades for an airboat tour!
We saw a lot of these!


Once we got back to Fort Myers we went to get some pizza on the beach with my sister and her boyfriend and watched the sunset on the water.


That pretty much sums it up! It was a such a great vacation but boy did it go by fast!
Now I have to get back to the real world and work tomorrow :-(

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Yours Truly,
 Amanda

3 comments:

Ashley @ Places To Go, Things To Buy said...

Glad you had a good time! Aw, thanks for stopping by the store!! Did you see any of my brothers? Hope you said hi!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous time! Wonderful pictures!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Hey! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, head on over to my blog and look at the award you got!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!