Yes everyone I survived immunization training! We had to give each other three shots and not only did I pass but I didn't freak out when I was the one receiving the shots! I think it is so important for pharmacists to be able to give vaccines because quite often we are the most accessible healthcare professional. Just walk in to your nearest Walgreens, CVS, grocery store, or big box store and you have someone who is not only knowledgeable about medications but also disease states and we can vaccinate you too! Can you tell I like my profession? Just a little bit ;-) The only down side is that pharmacists in Florida can only give flu shots as of now. There are many people out there who should be getting other vaccines and maybe if pharmacists could give them they would be more apt to get them. I'm hoping this law is changed soon!
Other than training today I just hung out and watched some Real Housewives which I'm sure most of you know I'm addicted to and now I have my mom and sister addicted too!
Lastly, I was a little sad today thinking about my boyfriend. Long distance is super hard...I think so far it is going as well as it can be. We talk on the phone each day but as those of you in relationships know, its just not enough. Especially at this point in my life when I feel like I have everything going for me with my family, my job, being young and healthy, having great friends and an awesome boyfriend. Why can't I have them all in the same place though!? I pray about everything in my life and in the lives of those close to me. I know it will all work out the way it should...I'm just impatient!
I'm off to bed early. I have to wake up and study before I work at 2! Have a great night!
P.S. I need to think of a good sign off for all my blog posts...we'll just go with this for now
Yours truly,
Amanda
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment!